HOW CAN WE HELP YOU TODAY?
YOUTH SERVICES PROGRAM
This program tailors its services to meet the needs and goals of each youth. Youth eligible for the program come from low-income families and face barriers to economic self-sufficiency such as deficiencies in basic literacy skills, no high school diploma or GED, a criminal record, homelessness or life as a foster child.
Services offered include career coaching, occupational training, job search assistance, and life management training skills. Occupational training leads to industry recognized credentials and employment in high growth occupations. Assistance with the GED exam is also offered.
HELPING PREPARE YOU FOR YOUR FUTURE
We provide one-on-one and group work-readiness and career development guidance to youth ages 14–24 who live in the Greater New Bedford Region. View the list below for services we can offer.
- Career and Education Assessments that help solidify your future.
- Job Search Tips that help get you noticed.
- Job application guidance that helps to put your application in the YES pile.
- Résumé and Cover Letter Writing assistance to help you catch an employer’s attention.
- Interview Preparation and Mock Interviews to help you interview with confidence
- Job postings and referrals to open positions.
- Onsite recruitments and job fairs that put you face to face with hiring managers.
- Helpful resources, articles and labor market statistics.
- Access to Massachusetts Child Labor Laws, Youth Work Permit and Minimum Wage information.
Contact us with any questions you may have.
SUMMER YOUTH EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM
This program connects young adults to summer employment and pays participants for 20 hours weekly at minimum age for up to seven weeks. Federal guidelines and eligibility requirements must be met before a youth can be enrolled.
Typically, employment youth receive is their first meaningful, paid work experience. Youth accepted into the program complete work-readiness workshops to ensure they know what is expected in professional work environments. During summer employment, they learn on-the-job skills under the supervision of their work sites.